Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Time management

I was thinking of different ways to be frugal. Time management seems to be what I keep focusing on. I am a big time waster. I get sucked into the computer, drawn to junk TV if it's on, and THE PHONE!

So, I'm making a plan. Consciously spending my time. If I had a job outside of the home I would have a schedule, a list of duties needed to be done. I am doing that for myself at home. I have to be flexible but have a general plan so I can make the most of my day.

5:30- Up and dressed.
make list for the day of what needs to be done. Drink my coffee read my Bible (God and caffeine)

6:15- Wake up the kids
Farm Chores
Make breakfast and get them moving for the day.


7:00 Kids on the Bus
Computer time- returning emails and blogging

8:00 general house cleaning
laundry

10:00 Errands
Try to keep errands in an order and in one area for that day.

12:00 lunch
start working on dinner preparations
mending,sewing,repairs/maintenance (whatever needs to be done)


2:30 first round of kids come home
homework/snack

3:30 second round
homework
finish cooking dinner

4:00 Farm Chores

5-6:30 Dinner depending on evening schedule


6:30- 8:30 Evening activities
Scouts, baseball, picking up daughter from work
Family time

8:30-9:00 Bedtime

10:30 My bedtime



So that is what I'm going to work on for the next 30 days. Making this schedule a habit and not allowing myself to spend three hours on the computer, not getting sucked into TV and if I'm on the phone, making sure I'm multi-tasking and getting my work done. I can also keep myself from those activities by leaving them off.



No comments:

Post a Comment