Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I didn't forget!

I didn't forget...I was distracted. Hubby was home this weekend and of course we had much to do together.
Well, we got out of the diesel sucking truck! Yay.... but into another vehicle payment. But I have to say this payment is MUCH smaller, the truck is much smaller and the gas use is much smaller. So our monthly payment and gas usage will go down several hundred dollars a month. It feels like a weight has been lifted. It frees up more money a month to pay down other debt, if that makes sense.
I found it ironic that the loan company that financed the new truck is the same loan company that holds our mortgage. When we tried to refinance the mortgage we were told our debt to income ratio was too high and we were stuck with the rates we had. But apparently, when the dealership paid off the diesel truck, it allowed room for the new loan. So in April we are going to apply to refinance again...hopefully it will be successful.

I have to say this farm girl in training LOVES the new truck, because it is smaller I am more confident driving it. Hubby says if I clean out my van he will just take that to work and let me have the truck, because I am the one doing all the farm hauling...picking up feed and hay. I'm not going to mention that I only do that about once a month. But I had to get hay in my van yesterday because it was raining and there is no cover on this truck bed.

I went grocery shopping today with my list, and spent $40. I made up my menu from what I had at home and just had to add a few things and 10 of the 40 was a can of coffee!

Yesterday when I got feed I was talking to a few farmers. Got a new lead on hay, learned how to feed my Boer goats, and was filled in on the local goings on...Really, men gossip as much as women!

Ok now my kiddos are home and I have to feed them. They are starving!

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain on the coffee!! Men think that they don't gossip, they just tell the news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on trading in the truck. Cars are a necessary (and expensive) evil, so if we can cut that cost down then all the better. :)

    Carolyn @ www.themobilehomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you'll be able to renegotiate that mortgage. I'm so glad I found you. Have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete